Training programs are offered or sponsored by EMIFPA at various times throughout the year. Check back often to see the latest.
Your Home in the Fire Environment
As part of the 2016 PIO Vidcasts, this video talks about how homeowners can create survivable space to improve the chance their home can survive a wildfire.
There are no training events scheduled at this time.
EAST MOUNTAIN (PUBLIC) LIBRARY SERIES
Each year during fire season, EMIFPA conducts monthly Situation Updates at the East Mountain (Public) Library in Tijeras
The May session for the 2017 season will be held on Thursday, May 25, 5:30 – 6:30 pm in the library’s Community Room. Area residents are encouraged to attend and bring questions, concerns and ideas.
Subsequent meetings will be held the last Thursday of each month, from 5:30 pm until 6:30 pm, in the library’s Community Room at the east side of the library building. .
Programs and Services Offered by EMIFPA
- Community Workshops for members of the community.
- Outreach Programs for neighborhood associations and local residents.
- Monthly Interagency meetings.
- Support agency training with materials and resources.
- National Fire Prevention Week participation.
- Field Days where members of the firefighting community, local residents, and members of cooperating agencies come together for “hands on” fire training and education.
- E-mail Notification List for notifying interested parties of upcoming fire related events, fire information regarding prescribed burns and wildfires in the area, news releases, general information related to fire and emergency events and other pertinent information.
- CD containing fire-protection information for use by the public in preparing for, and protecting against, wildfire. Copies of the CD are available at the Sandia Ranger Station in Tijeras.